Woman dies in Srinagar fire

Srinagar: A woman died after a fire broke out in her house due to a leak in an LPG cylinder in Srinagar’s old city on Saturday morning, officials said.

The incident took place in the Ali Kadal area.

Officials said the victim identified as Nafeesa was alone in her house when the fire broke out.

“She was probably killed when the cylinder in her kitchen caught fire,” they said.

The locals said many neighbours tried to save her, but all in vain.

The victim’s house was also damaged.

Officials said fire tenders were rushed to the spot after the Fire Department received a call. The fire tenders later doused the flame.

Leave a Reply