Musk in response to Hamas invite says visit to Gaza ‘A bit dangerous right now’

Washington: Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk in response to an invitation by a Hamas representative said visiting Gaza right now would be too dangerous.

“Seems a bit dangerous there right now, but I do believe that a long-term prosperous Gaza is good for all sides,” Musk said in a post on X on Tuesday.

The remarks were in response to a post made by Bloomberg, stating that a Hamas representative had invited Elon Musk to visit Gaza and witness the extent of destruction caused by Israeli bombardment.

Earlier in November, the US entrepreneur came under fire for endorsing a social media post that claimed Jewish communities were pushing hatred against White people, saying it was “the actual truth.” Film companies Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, Paramount, and Lionsgate suspended advertising on Musk’s social network X due to his “anti-Semitic” comments. A similar decision was made by Walt Disney, as well as technology giants IBM and Apple.

Last week, Musk said that the network would donate all its proceeds from the content related to the conflict in the Gaza Strip to Israeli hospitals and an international humanitarian organization providing medical assistance to Palestinians.

On October 7, Hamas launched a surprise large-scale rocket attack against Israel from the Gaza Strip and breached the border, killing and abducting people. Israel launched retaliatory strikes and ordered a complete blockade of Gaza, cutting off supplies of water, food, and fuel. On October 27, Israel launched a large-scale ground incursion into the Gaza Strip.

On Friday morning, the sides declared a four-day truce to exchange some of the prisoners and hostages, as well as allow the delivery of humanitarian aid into Gaza. The conflict has so far resulted in the deaths of an estimated 1,200 people in Israel and over 14,800 in Gaza.

UNI/SPUTNIK

Leave a Reply